Thursday 10 July 2008

Animoto

Thanks to Paul Bradshaw (twitter.com/paulbradshaw) who I follow on Twitter, I learned this morning about a new slideshow service called Animoto. This is amazing. It's a wonderful substitute for anyone that wants a video on their website but can't afford the thousands of pounds that a video will cost.

Basically all you do is upload a selection of still images to the site, select a music track (they have a library of licence-free tracks for you to choose from) and the site does the work for you. I had a little play around using my rabbit photos (why not?) and here is what it created. This took about 20 mins to upload the photos and about 10 mins for the video to be created. I hadn't edited the photos or anything, so this is a real rough-and-ready attempt. Imagine what you can do with a little more effort.



I was then very easily able to put it on facebook (just the click of a button takes you straight through) and get the html code for embedding it in this blog post.

I will certainly be buying the commercial licence for using this site to create a little promo real for Pickle Jar Communications, and perhaps even offering this as a service to our clients. It is just wonderful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the look of this - is it free for personal use but you need to buy a commercial licence otherwise? Any idea of the cost yet? I had a browse but couldn't see anything yet...

Anonymous said...

Sorry, was being think. Have signed up and accessed all the info now - but let me know how you get on!)