Tuesday 20 May 2008

Just how many questions should you answer on LinkedIn?

I use LinkedIn fairly regularly as a means of maintaining and extending my professional network. I've also more recently stepped up my activity on there by answering questions that other members of the community post. I've already had one person tell me that they would like to include my answer in their blog along with a link to my blog and my website, so it clearly does have some merit from a marketing point of view, although I'm as much as interested in just sharing best practice where I can.

However, I thought I was pushing it a bit when I answered three questions on there yesterday afternoon. I thought I ought to calm it otherwise I would be viewed as a serial question-answerer!! Then I checked out the rankings for the number of answers other members of the community had given and one guy had answered 144 questions this week alone (it was only Monday!). So, this begs the question as to whether one can overdo it on this. Surely answering that volume of questions (even though many of his answers were short) means you can be spending more time perusing questions on LinkedIn that actually doing any work or following up new, real leads. Is it possible to become addicted?

No comments: