Monday 4 February 2008

Moving in to a new target audience group

My partner and I went to New York last week where he suprised me (suprised because it's taken him a while) by proposing on my Birthday. So, in typical naughties-style I couldn't wait to get home and online to update my facebook relationship status to "engaged". Soppy, hey? But the point is this, on the one hand it has been an exceptionally effective communications tool enabling us at the click of a button to spread the news of our engagement without having to text, phone or email everybody. On the other hand, I have realised that by clicking that little button I am now a target for a whole new type of advertising. I have just been targetted by Ocean Finance offering wedding loans. Clever! Having been working out a budget for the wedding, I might just be needing that loan!!!

No comments: