Monday 13 April 2009

Conference speaking this Spring/Summer

Just for the hell of it I thought I might share here information about a number of conferences that I am due to/likely to be speaking at this coming Spring and Summer, with details of the sessions being delivered. I'll try as far as possible to post slides here after each of the sessions.

Listening to your stakeholders online
Thursday 23 April, Manchester Metropolitan University


This conference is being organised by the CIPR's Education and Skills sector group. At this conference I'll be delivering a session looking at some of the tools for engaging audiences through your website, and for monitoring the buzz about your brand through social media. Email me if you're interested in booking a place at this conference and I'll put you in touch with the organisers.

Beyond the hype: getting the most from your web presence
Thursday 14 May, London


Alison Wildish from the University of Bath has kindly asked if I'll run a session at this conference she is putting together for CASE Europe with Pamela Agar of Imperial College. My session at this conference is likely to be on demonstrating results from using social media to enhance your web presence and preparing for the internal 'sell' to present the business case. You can book to attend this conference here.

Virtual PR: maximising your press and media relations through online activities
Friday 22 May, London


I'm currently leading a research project on behalf of the CIPR's Education and Skills sector group looking at how universities and colleges use online resources and activities to enhance their press and media relations. My session at this conference will present initial findings of this research. Contact me if you're interested in attending this event as I'm on the organising committee for this one. To participate in the research, follow this link to our online survey which is still open for responses.

EUPRIO Conference
Saturday 27 June, Aveiro, Portugal


I'll be presenting two workshops at the European Universities PR and Information Officers (EUPRIO) annual conference in Portugal on Saturday 27 June. My session is titled 'Learning new tricks: how social media is revolutionising the role of the PR professional'. You can view further details of the conference and book to attend through the conference website here.

CASE Europe Annual Conference
24-28 August, Liverpool


We also have a session proposal out for the CASE Europe annual conference this year. I'm just finalising my details with them and will update this post when I have a little more to say on this one. Registration for the conference is now open here.

No comments: