Thursday 17 April 2008

Daytime delights

Apologies for the little absence from the blog over the past few days. I've been poorly for a few days and, unable to stare at the computer screen without feeling nauseous (nothing to do with the content, purely to do with feeling ill, I might add). So, I've had my feet up and been off-and-on enjoying the delights of daytime TV. I thought I'd just share my top 3 daytime TV observations/moments from the past few days:

  1. The home makeover show where a man had painted his 3-year old daughter's bedroom the same colour (all over) as the Pickle Jar Communications logo. The 'stylist' referred to it (in Canadian accent) as 'advocado barf' (barf as in 'puke' not 'bath'). Perhaps not so good for a 3-year old girl's room, but, hmmm, where can I buy some for PJC HQ?!
  2. The fact that on 'Bargain Hunt', the programme where two teams have to buy items that then get sold on at auction, seems to celebrate people making a loss! I forced myself (forced, I tell you) to watch 3 or 4 episodes of this bizarre gem of British TV and not once did any of the teams make a profit or break-even. Boy did they celebrate their loss-making wins! What a great way to teach out-of-work people great business practice - make a loss and get a big pat on the back and told how well you have done. I think they need to bring Alan Sugar in to guest host an episode or two.
  3. Trevor Williams, Chief Economist for Lloyds TSB on the lunchtime BBC news on Monday wearing the narrowest vertical stripes in just about every direction he could. I really need to get my hands on this clip for my 'What to Wear' sections of my 'Working with Broadcast Media' training sessions. Not good for the nauseous viewer though.

No comments: