Tuesday 8 January 2008

Online on TV, and TV Online ...

I read somewhere (wish I could remember where so I could be an efficient blogger and provide the link!) that someone predicts that 2008 will be the year for online video to stop being overrun by naff home-movies and kids doing starwars impressions in their bedrooms or falling off their skateboards, and move towards the more polished production standards that we expect of TV. How funny, then, that one of the first programmes I watch on television in 2008 is Lenny Henry.tv - the BBC show that basically shows back to back online video clips - mostly shot on somone's home camera and edited (if edited at all!) in a bedroom somewhere. I wonder what way it will really go. I'm an advocate for good quality online video productions (but then I'm biased!). Maybe instead of online video standards aligning themselves more with television production standards, it just might (just!) go the other way if this programme is anything to go by.

No comments: